Thursday, January 30, 2014

MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN by RANSOM RIGGS

I can't believe I let this one sit on my TBR shelf for as long as I did. I remember picking it up shortly after I purchased it and reading about ten pages and setting it down to collect dust.

I was depriving myself of one of the most special reading experiences I would ever have.

MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN by RANSOM RIGGS is truly one very amazing read. It's everything you want in a book. It's the complete package, from cover to cover.

Riggs has produced a book that is full of magical adventure, thrilling action and frightening antagonists, as well as a heart warming romance that spans centuries.

MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN was so much more than what I was expecting by multitudes. Quite frankly I wasn't sure what I was expecting. Perhaps a quiet mystery surrounding some strange photographs. I'm not sure. But what I got was so much more.

Jacob goes on the hunt for the story behind his grandfather's strange photographs after he is murdered at the hands of a tentacle-mouthed creature out of any child's worst nightmare. What follows is unexpected and wondrous. To tell more would be ruining your own experience.

There will come a day I will re-read MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN. It is a modern day classic I recommend very, very, highly. If you have not read it, I implore you to drop what it is you are doing and run immediately to your nearest bookstore and pick up a copy.

The book is atmospheric, mysterious, and quite simply amazing. Two thumbs up. Ten out of ten. Get. It. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment