Wednesday, August 28, 2013

READY PLAYER ONE (Audio Book)

READY PLAYER ONE by Ernest Cline has become one of my all time favourite books. I've read it twice and now listened to the audio book version read by the awesome Wil Wheaton.

Wil Wheaton is remembered by most folks as Wesley Crusher from STAR TREK: THE NEXT  GENERATION. But for those of us a little older, we remember Wil Wheaton as Gordie Lachance in the movie STAND BY ME (adapted from Stephen King's THE BODY).

These days Wheaton writes and does a lot of voice work in cartoons (TEEN TITANS), video games (GTA: SAN ANDREAS) and audio books (RED SHIRTS by John Scalzi).

And he's really good, too!

Wheaton made a book I had read twice completely fresh and exciting. It was like experiencing the story all over again for the first time! I borrowed this from the local library but Wheaton's performance was so amazing (and I love the book so much) I might one day buy it so I have it to listen to whenever I want.

READY PLAYER ONE is a must read. Now it's a must listen!

Wormies, especially those of you who grew up in the 80's, will love this book. If you don't want to read it, then pick up the audio book from your local library and give it a listen. It's amazing.

Check out the book trailer:



Check out this interview with Ernest Cline (it's a year and a half old but still fun):





2 comments:

  1. Ready Player One is a book that begs to be reread. My library has the audio, too, so I will have to give it a listen next time around.

    ReplyDelete